Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My little Picasso

Yesterday we pulled out the paints and enjoyed some creative time in the O house. I will admit that we don't pull out the paints often. I am not a big fan of cleaning up what always seems to be such a big mess. After watching Sydney and how much joy those paints brought her-I am hooked. We will be painting a lot more often from now on. She absolutely loved it and she spent an hour and a half painting. It would have been longer if we didn't have to clean up for dinner. I have a feeling a trip to Michael's craft store will need to be in our immediate future.

One of her favorite things was mixing the paint. We watched an episode of Curious George the day before and it was on mixing paint to make different colors-so Sydney decided to see what colors she could make by mixing her paints. My Christmas colors weren't quite doing the trick though.

We also listened to special music while we painted. Reggae. Yup, apparently that gets my child in the painting mood. I started playing running music for her and daddy when they run around the family room each night before bedtime-80's music-and now we need to have special and different music for each event.

Here are the pictures...

Starting out by painting lines Adding some circles
Then we decided to do some hand prints
And then it all broke loose...
Tada!



3 comments:

Kristin said...

What a talented little girl! And a brave mommy! Good for you for having craft time - you've motivated me - paints, here we come! Oh, boy...I'll post pictures of the mess...

Georgia said...

I am so with you there..Ari LOOVES to paint..and i dont get out that stuff enough and am constantly feeling guilty about it! Plus wih D...well..talk about a mess! holy moly!!
Sydney is adorable as always..we need to get together!!

Jessica Zevely said...

Painting painting painting....I remember last time she came over, we did some painting, and it's so much fun to watch her...my favorite is when she does the hand print, and then the second hand print, and then massages the page with both hands, until there is no more hand print..ha ha! I bought another canvas for her to work on Saturday after the zoo. I'm so excited to see her! We'll have a new piece of art work to add to our bedroom! I'm so excited :)

Good job mommy, it's a pain to clean up but SO worth it!