Friday, July 18, 2008

Crazy week...

This week has been a little crazy for us. Anthony came down with a cold the day we came home from our vacation. Sydney has thrown up a couple times this week, but between the throw ups she's been acting pretty normal. She's never thrown up before and she isn't a fan, poor kid. And let's just say...neither am I. Ugh. Lucky for me Anthony was home and helped with the clean up.
Unfortunately the first puke session happened ten minutes before leaving for our first mommy and me soccer class so that was a huge bummer. She kept saying, "I okay now, I feel better! Let's play soccer with Kaden." Two hours later, "Can we play soccer with Kaden now mommy?" So that was unfortunate, but I figured it would probably be better to keep the pukey kid at home.

Here are a couple random pictures of Sydney this week...

My little bookworm-she reads before her naps and this is how I found her when I checked on her...


My little ham-she asks me, "Take my picture mommy!" Bumming a ride...Sydney riding with Justin
A couple cute things about Sydney this week....

We have a Dora book and movie about what we want to be when we grow up. Sydney has already decided she wants to be a doctor. Anthony asked her what kind and she said, "A doctor like Pop-o!" She has an Elmo doctor kit that Greg got her and she LOVES it! She checks her doll's vitals all the time, along with ours. That and the fact that she loved visiting Pop-o at his ophthamology office. She keeps talking about Pop-o checking her eyes. So yes, we apparently need to triple her college fund now. ;) She asked me, "What do you want to be when you grow up mommy?" I told her I want to be her mommy and she told me, "How 'bout a firefighter? Daddy can be in a band."

The other day Sydney told me, "Daddy is my best friend." It was the cutest thing. She loves her friends but daddy is the bees knees!

She also loves to sing. It all started when she was just a couple months old and she would sing, "ooh ohh ohh" when I sang to her at night. Now she sings along to all the kids songs I put on my Zune for the car and also along with the radio. It's pretty cute. We listen to the kids songs, along with the tunes from the 50's-the Supremes, Beach Boys and the Four Seasons are a few of her faves.

And the potty training update-a while back she was nearly potty trained, not poop trained but potty trained. Then about two months ago she regressed, completely stopped sitting on the potty. I let it go and stopped asking her if she had to go. Slowly she's been sitting on the potty again, before bath time, when she first wakes up. She's been asking about school, she can't wait to go to preschool. I explained she couldn't go to school until she's potty trained, so guess what? Yup, she's been trying hard. We even set up a sticker chart and so after 12 potties she gets a scooter, yes we've given into bribery. Normally it won't be for a toy, more like swim time at the pool or a daddy/daughter day. Stuff she would get anyway but let me tell you, this bribery...err...encouragement has worked! She's been doing great and has only had two accidents. We're also going on another tour of her preschool next week since I have a ton of questions about the curriculum which I think will be great for her to see it again and understand where she'll be going to school. She's on the list for the little 3's class in January but if by some chance she's ready in September we might just go for it...well maybe. We'll see how everything goes. ;) She loves school so much and we like to encourage it.

And here are a couple videos. I have realized that I don't take near enough videos of Sydney. I have the picture thing down but these moments are the best are the best and I need to do better at documenting what she is doing. So here you go....




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

4 comments:

Leslie and Mark said...

I have found that there is almost nothing that a little "encouragement" won't fix!

Wehunthouse said...

Oh my gosh I just watched the videos and they are hysterical! Maddy always skips 13 when she counts too and she has a new number after 20, its eleventeen. Funny kids. I can't believe how well Syd is talking-- good job mommy!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you guys were sick. Hope you are feeling better now. The videos are adorable Stacy. Sydney is such a cutie and so smart!!! Talk to you soon.
Jackie

Kellye said...

Oh Stacy!!!! I am giggling so hard right now! Sydney is just incredibly adorable and I could eat her up with a spoon! How smart too! Way to go Syd!!!