Saturday, April 5, 2008

Horton Hears a Sydney

I took Sydney to see her first movie at the theater this past week. We met up with our friends Nikki and Cameron for lunch beforehand, and then went to the theater to see, "Horton Hears a Who."

Sydney did pretty well considering. She made it through the previews and probably watched about 40 minutes of the movie altogether. She spent the rest of the time walking up and down the stairs, riding the escalator out front, sliding down from her booster seat to the ground and then up again, and jumping up and down while holding on to the seat in front of us. (Sorry about that couple in front of us.) All in all a success!

We'll probably wait a bit until we see another movie. I guess if this would have been a Dora movie then she might have paid more attention, but Sydney's not really that into Dr. Seuss and well, she's 2 1/2.
Plus, we paid $14.50 for our tickets-for a matinee. Holy moly. Probably not worth it when you consider you can buy the movie on dvd for the same price in a couple of months.
I was telling Nikki that I remember going to movies with my friends in junior high and it was $3 for a matinee! We did the movies and mall often. Then I started thinking...exactly how long ago was that anyway? I started calculating in my head....1988ish, wow...uhh, that's 20 years ago. Not only am I getting old but I am already pulling the, "When I was your age, milk was a penny and we walked to school in the snow uphill both ways with no shoes on."

Oh yes, and the movie was great, well the 40 minutes I saw of it anyway-broken up into 5-10 minute increments.

Anyhoo-here are a couple pics of the kiddos
I don't know exactly why they are ducking....

2 comments:

April said...

You are brave. There is no way I would take Gibson to a movie...no way! I'm glad it was a success. Cameron is such a handsome guy!

FlyingCats said...

Awesome!