Thursday, August 14, 2008

Update....

Today was day 4 of the 3 day potty training, but just wanted to update that everything went smoothly today. Sydney was an apple juice drinking maniac so she went potty about 10 times today, a record! We had to make another trip to Toys R Us because we needed to get a special birthday boy a present ( baby Jakey) a good job gift for Cole and we needed more toilet training supplies, as in step stools for the bathroom. And we decided to buy another toilet insert for the other bathroom. Let me explain why...

So pretty much when Sydney naps, I nap. Not usually the whole time but I do nap about every day. This baby in my belly makes me tired!! Anyway, I was waking up and heard a noise but figured it wasn't Sydney because she immediately comes into the bedroom to find me when she wakes up. A minute later she comes running in and tells me, "Mommy, I went potty. And then I dumped my potty into the toilet and flushed the toilet!" Oh boy. I was pretty nervous to check out the damage to that because I put her portable potty in her bedroom for the time being so there is no excuse not to use the potty before or after sleeping. Anyway, there was no mess thank goodness, but it helped me realize that the little potty is kind of a pain anyway. Especially when you have such a good little helper. Cleaning that puppy out is kinda gross too. So now we have potty inserts and step stools in 2 of our 3 bathrooms which is perfecto. And now my child will be using the big potty and will no longer have to clean out her own potty. LOL

I do give the kiddo props for being so independent and doing it herself though. If it didn't involve her potty, I'd be all for her cleaning up her stuff.

No comments: