Monday, February 25, 2008

Bathing beauty!

Yesterday we took Sydney to the pool. She's been practicing her kicks in the bathtub and we realized it's been about six months since we last took her swimming. We really need to take her every week or two-she has a great time and it's a fun and cheap family activity.

She pretty much just walked back and forth in the kiddie pool, holding on to the swimming board. She wasn't too excited about being pushed around in the water or "swimming" while daddy held her. I think she was just excited she could actually walk back and forth without standing on her tip toes like last time! She really has grown quite a bit the past few months. She was shivering the whole time-we really need to find a warmer pool, even I was a bit cold.

It was so cute-there were a couple ten year old girls that kept coming over and giving Sydney the swim boards, asking how old she was, her name, etc. She always makes friends with the older girls at the pool, it's so adorable.
Here's our bathing beauty in her new bathing suit-


And in one week we'll be in Disneyland! We leave this weekend and we are so excited! I have been buying plenty of new toys and snacks for the flight down to California. The flight is only two and a half hours so it shouldn't be too bad. The key is to keep Sydney busy! We have been "cramming" like I used to cram in college-reading tons of Disney books to Sydney so she knows all the characters. She's so addicted to Dora that she didn't really know the characters up until a couple weeks ago.

I have also started getting everything together so I can get us all packed up this week. It looks like the weather is going to be high 60's/low 70's-so really perfect. Eighty is a bit warm for walking around all day in the sun. I am also just looking forward to an afternoon of laying in the sun by the pool, that just sounds so nice. I think that will be the plan each day when we go back to the hotel in the afternoons for Sydney's nap.

2 comments:

FlyingCats said...

I can't stand cold swimming pools!!! I'm so excited for you to come, and look forward to seeing you next week! I'm trying to get all my projects done for the quarter by this weekend so I'll have guilt-free play time!

Kellye said...

Sydney is just adorable in that swimming suit! My heart just breaks at this time of year when I see all the precious swimsuits for little girls!!!!

I am so jealous!!! I can't believe you guys will be in Disneyland! Have a great time!