Thursday, February 7, 2008

Vacations are a good excuse to...

Buy lots of new stuff, haha! Okay, we really haven't purchased much for our trip, just a few items. Really it's just stuff we needed for the spring/summer anyway.


This is my fave new purchase. I thought these shoes were kinda cute, but after trying them on and wearing them around the house I am in love! These shoes feel like slippers. Why do I ever settle for for the cute and uncomfortable shoes? Probably because they are half the price as the comfy ones. What's with that? Anyway, I highly recommend the Privo shoes if you haven't tried them already. I wore a pair of the sandal flip flops nearly every day when I was prego and they were amazing for my swollen feet and ankles. Unfortunately they don't fit anymore because my swollen feet stretched them out-maybe next pregnancy.


We leave in 24 days and we're so excited! Yesterday I found a Disneyland video for Syd-it shows the park and they sing Disney songs. The funny thing is this video is obviously 20 years old-big hair, bright clothes. It was probably made shortly after my family went to Disneyland in '84. Seriously. I forgot how horrible the fashion was in the mid 80's! So it's not entirely updated with new rides but oh well, Syd loves it and we've watched it 6 times the past two days. Hopefully this will make her feel more comfortable when we get there and she recognizes the Disney characters. I'm still pretty sure the characters will freak her out but oh well. We'll go back in a few years and she'll love them then.

I can't wait for our trip! So far we have plans to hang out with my old boss and friend Kate and my friend Lindsay. There's a couple other people I'd like to meet up with while we're there but we'll see what kind of time we'll have left. Yippee! I'm so excited-I'm just a big kid!

4 comments:

Kellye said...

LOVE the shoes! They do look comfy too! Is it bad to splurge on items like that even when you're not going on vacation? =) You guys are going to have such a good trip! I can't wait to hear about how Sydney reacts to everything! So much fun!

FlyingCats said...

I am sooo flippin' excited to see you in a few weeks, and for you to come down here too! Checked the link for the shoes, and the go to MY size!!!! I spidey senses are tingling telling me there are new shoes in my future...

Wehunthouse said...

That's so funny, I just saw these shoes in the Eddie Bauer catalog today and I thought they were totally cute. So now I can copy you (like you copied me with the Danskos;-0). But I think I have to wait 8 weeks for winter to be over.

Emily said...

Those shoes are super cute!! I might have to get a pair for myself! :)